THE DEADLINE FOR THE 2021 TECHNICAL AWARDS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO FRIDAY 7th MAY 2021
The Pipeline Industries Guild organizes three technology awards: Subsea, Land-based, and Utility Pipelines plus three project awards: Subsea, Land-based and Utility Pipelines. The entries are submitted annually and judged by an award panel on the following criteria:
- Provide the industry with something it did not have before
- Extend current technology
- Provide possible future applications in cost reduction, improve safety or environmental protection
- Overcome a challenge in application on new or existing technology in a new or existing area
- Provide a reason for the industry to change its modus operandi
The Pipeline Industries Guild technology and project awards are annual, open to all nationalities, open to all individuals and organisations and open to all sections of the pipeline industry.
- You may enter as many times and in as many categories as you wish. Each entry must be made on a separate entry form and the completed entry form must be signed by the person responsible for submitting the entry
- Each entry to include a signed entry sheet, a one-page description of the entry plus photographs and/or technical drawings
- Entries are requested in electronic format. Please email electronic entry submissions to email@example.com.
- Please print or type clearly stating the project/team name/innovation as you wish it to be referred to throughout the awards, using upper and lower case as you would like it to appear
- Please email a copy of your logo and a copy of a photograph of the project/product or innovation in high-res jpeg format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Award winners may include the announcement of their winning entry in promotional material, or other company literature. Such announcements must include the category and year in which the award has been won.
Guild Technology Awards
- Subsea Pipeline Technology Award: This award, introduced in 1993, is made annually for the most significant contribution to subsea pipeline technology. The objective is to promote the development of new ideas in the general field of subsea pipeline technology. Click here to download the entry form
- Land-based Pipeline Technology Award: As with the subsea award, this award, introduced in 1996, is made annually for the most significant contribution made to land-based pipeline technology or its ancillary apparatus. The objective of the award is similarly to promote the development of new ideas in the general field of land-based pipeline technology. Click here to download the entry form
- Utility Pipeline Technology Award: This award, introduced in 2003, is made for the most significant contribution to the utility pipeline technology. The objective is to promote the devlopment of new ideas in the general field of utility pipeline technology. Guild Project Awards, The Pipeline Project Awards: Subsea, Land-based and Utility Pipeline were introduced in 2016 and will be awarded annually. The objective of this category is to recognise and celebrate technical achievement on a pipeline project across all sectors. Click here to download the entry form
- Subsea Pipeline Project Award: This award is made annually for the most significant contribution to subsea pipeline projects. The objective is to promote the development of new ideas in the general field of subsea pipeline projects. Click here to download the entry form
- Land-based Pipeline Project Award: This award, introduced in 2016, is made annually. The objective of this award is to recognise and celebrate technical achievement on a pipeline project across the land-based sector. Click here to download the entry form
- Utility Pipeline Project Award: The Utility Pipeline Project Award was introduced in 2016 to showcase technical expertise, achievement and challenges overcome in delivery of utility pipeline projects. Projects may be of any length, any diameter pipe or in any sector, including renewables, unconventional gas, power, infrastructure, gas, water, wastewater, power and IT. Click here to download the entry form
- The iICE Award: The Pipeline Industries Guild is also pleased to announce a new award inspired by the DNV-OS-F101, the offshore standard for submarine pipeline systems that was issued in 1976. Over the years DNV GL has created a series of internationally recognised standards, service specifications and recommended practices together with the pipeline industry. This new award, entitled iICE, is for the best idea for increasing efficiency and reducing costs in the offshore pipeline industry. This is the first industry award for an idea. The iICE Award - This award is biennial and shall be open for entries in 2022
Other Guild Awards
- Ruth Allen Award: Introduced in 2005, this award is made to the young person who has made a significant contribution to the work of the Guild's Young Professionals' Network, now the Professional Development Network. For more information about this award please contact email@example.com
- Ken Spencer Award: This award introduced in 2007 is to be awarded every two years to an individual or company for outstanding contribution to the pipeline industry. This award is made in honour of K.A. Spencer of Penspen; a founder member of the Guild and National Chair in 1969. Click the links for the nomination form and guidance notes
- Honorary Life Membership: The award of Honorary Life Membership is awarded in recognition for services and contributions by an individual to the Pipeline Industries Guild at Branch, Panel or National level
- J.W. Jones Memorial Award: The J.W.Jones award is awarded every two years to the author(s) of a written paper presented to a Branch technical meeting which best meets the award criteria (available from the Guild). Among the aims of this award is the encouragement of younger authors, although no age limit is imposed. The award is made in honour of the eponymous founder of the Guild and its first Chair, who died in 1971.