Call for Papers - Midlands Branch PDN Sir John Parker Paper Competition
The Midlands PDN Branch are looking for submissions for the 2023 paper competition.
Submit a 250-word synopsis on any subject associated with the pipeline industry, with your involvement for your chance to win £250 and a place at the Annual Guild Conference.
Please note the closing date for ALL entries is Friday 17th February 2023.
• Submit a 250-word synopsis on any subject associated with the pipeline industry.
• Examples include but are not limited to: Waste & Potable Water, Gas, Oil, Health & Safety, the Environment, Logistics & Planning.
• Presentations are encouraged from all business functions and do not have to be engineering based.
• Entries will be assessed by a panel of judges from the Midlands Branch Committee, and shortlisted candidates will be invited to present at the regional final.
• Each presenter will be required to give a 15-minute presentation on their chosen topic, demonstrating their own personal involvement, to an audience and panel of judges from the Pipeline Industries Guild and Industry Partners. A 5-minute Q&A session will follow each presentation.
• This will be held in person on 9th March 2023 at Cadent Gas, Ansty Park, Pilot Way, Coventry CV7 9JU.
• The winner will be announced on the day and will receive the first prize of £250.
• They will also be entered into the National Competition alongside other regional winners, which will take place at the next Annual Pipeline Industries Guild Conference (location and date to be confirmed in due course).
• Each regional finalist that places anywhere other than 1st will receive a voucher for their participation at the regional presentations.
• Development of entrants’ presentation skills
• Enhancement of entrants’ profile within their chosen companies & associated industries.
• CPD certificates can also be issued if requested for participation in the short-listed presentations.
How to Enter:
Submit your 250-word synopsis and contact details by the 17th February 2023. Send your entries to email@example.com
Conditions of Entry:
• Presentations and synopsis can only be composed and delivered by one person.
• All entrants must be aged 35 or under.
• No synopsis received after the submission deadline of 17th February 2023 will be considered.
• Entrants must be able to present on 9th March 2023 at Cadent Gas, Ansty Park, Pilot Way, Coventry CV7 9JU.
• The winner will be announced at the regional event on 9th March 2023 and the payment of the prize arranged.
Thank you to our sponsor Saith