The Panels of the Pipeline Industries Guild are the meeting place for the discussion of technical pipeline matters across the Guild sectors. The Technical Panels are made up of a group of pipeline industry experts with experience in the manufacture, operation, maintenance, design, construction, commissioning, decommissioning and health, safety, security and environmental aspects of pipeline engineering. The Panel members include practitioners, engineers, managers, legal representatives and consultants.
The primary roles of the Panels are to act as forums and focal point for technical issues related to pipelines on behalf of Guild Members and helping in communicating on these to members by e-mail and on the Guild’s website, by giving presentations at conferences and seminars and by arranging appropriate technical visits for Guild members and benefitting the wider industry.
The Panels meet on a regular basis and discuss current areas of concern to their sectors and interest groups.
Members who wish to play a more active role in the Guild Panels can contact the Panel Chairmen and benefit from getting involved in shaping the strategy and focus areas for technical conferences, seminars and forums.
- Oil & gas pipeline landfalls, cable landfalls, wastewater treatment works outfalls, subsea water supply pipelines & intakes & outfalls for power stations, desalination plants & industrial cooling water systems
- Global projects, challenges & opportunities internationally, global standards, market insights and updates, growing your business worldwide
- Subsea pipelines, risers, flowlines, umbilicals, tie-backs - exploration, production, operations & maintenance, transmission and decommissioning
- Land-based, large diameter pipelines, transmission pipelines, oil, gas, water trunk mains and infrastructure: aviation, railways and roads
- For the under 35s & future leaders of the pipeline industry the development they need to succeed with presentation competitions, training days, mentoring & networking.
- Small diameter pipes and pipelines including: gas distribution, water, wastewater, telecoms, power, renewables and utilities in general
Members are invited to join the Panel committees to drive and deliver the programmes of the Guild Branches.