Recent Event Highlights
The photos above illustrate some of the fantastic events and competitions that are a result of the continuous hard work from the Onshore Panel.
- Site Visit to United Utilities | West Cumbria Poject 100km pipeline, a joint meeting with the Utilities Panel
The Onshore Technical Panel is made up of a group of Pipeline Industry experts with experience in the manufacture, operation, maintenance, design, construction, commissioning, decommissioning and health, safety, security and environmental aspects of pipeline engineering. Its members include practitioners, managers, legal representatives and consultants. The primary roles of the forum are as follows:
- To act as a focal point for technical issues related to pipelines on behalf of Guild Members and helping to communicate these to members (by email and on the Guild’s website, by giving presentations at conferences and seminars and by arranging appropriate technical visits for Guild members)
- To maintain a matrix showing the network of expertise available to the Panel
- To meet on a regular basis and discuss current areas of concern to members (including pipeline standard, safety, security, etc)
- To propose solutions to technical questions and issues both for individual members and for the Guild’s Board
- To provide information to allow lobbying of appropriate bodies on any pipeline-related issues
- To liaise with the Utilities and Offshore Panels on areas of common interest and to invite their representatives to attend the Onshore Panel
- To propose topics and assist with the organisation of annual Technical Forums on subjects of key interest to Guild Members
- To consider recent incidents from around the world and to assess whether the UK pipeline industry is taking sufficient precautions to prevent similar occurrences and to prevent damage – the most urgent of these is still the matter of establishing a central data reference system for all underground pipelines, cables and equipment (such as that being proposed by NUAG
- To consider any forthcoming changes to legislation and standards and how that may impact on members
- To review presentations from external experts such as the Health & Safety Executive on possible future issues or areas of interest with a view to their inclusion in future Technical Forums.
Sean is Chair of the Onshore Panel of the Pipeline Industries Guild.
Sean is a previous past Chair of the Utilities Group and is a Fellow of the ICE and a Tehcnical Director of pipelines for Jacobs Civil Engineering.
He has worked for clients, consultants and contractors on the largest pipelines in the United Kingdom.
Sean Greenwood | Panel Chair - Mott MacDonald Bentley
Martyn James | Deputy Chair - Deter Management
Vince Braniff | Panel Member - Deter Management
Paul Clayton | Panel Member - Rosen
Ken Lax | Panel Member - Corroconsult
Andrew Austin | Panel Member
Emily Tetley-Jones | Panel Member - Field Fisher
Phillip Clisham | Panel Member
Matthew Sumerling | Panel Member - National Grid
Andrew Wilde | Panel Member - DNV GL
Bruce McCullough | Panel Member - Consultant
Andrew Caley | Panel Member Baker Hughes
Mariano Madrid | Panel Member GPS