Recent Event Highlights
The photos above illustrate some of the fantastic events and competitions that are a result of the continuous hard work from the Onshore Panel.
- Site Visit to United Utilities | MONTH YEAR - West Cumbria Poject 100km pipeline, a joint meeting with the Utilities Panel
The Onshore Technical Panel is made up of a group of Pipeline Industry experts with experience in the manufacture, operation, maintenance, design, construction, commissioning, decommissioning and health, safety, security and environmental aspects of pipeline engineering. Its members include practitioners, managers, legal representatives and consultants. The primary roles of the forum are as follows:
- To act as a focal point for technical issues related to pipelines on behalf of Guild Members and helping in communicating on these to members (by e-mail and on the Guild’s website, by giving presentations at conferences and seminars and by arranging appropriate technical visits for Guild members)
- To maintain a matrix showing the network of expertise available to the Panel
- To meet on a regular basis and discuss current areas of concern to members (including pipeline standard, safety, security, etc)
- To propose solutions to technical questions and issues both for individual members and for the Guild’s Board
- To provide information to allow lobbying of appropriate bodies on any pipeline-related issues
- To liaise with the Utilities and Offshore Panels on areas of common interest and to invite their representatives to attend the Onshore Panel
- To propose topics and assist with the organisation of annual Technical Forums on subjects of key interest to Guild Members
- To consider recent incidents from around the world and to assess whether the UK pipeline industry is taking sufficient precautions to prevent similar occurrences and to prevent damage – the most urgent of these is still the matter of establishing a central data reference system for all underground pipelines, cables and equipment (such as that being proposed by NUAG
- To consider any forthcoming changes to legislation and standards and how that may impact on members
- To review presentations from external experts such as the Health & Safety Executive on possible future issues or areas of interest with a view to their inclusion in future Technical Forums
Sean Greenwood - Onshore Panel Chair
Sean Greenwood is Chairman of the Onshore Panel of the Pipeline Industries Guild.
Sean has been involved with the Guild for over five years and is a previous past Chairman of the Utilities Group.
Sean is a Fellow of the ICE and a Tehcnical Director of pipelines for Jacobs Civil Engineering.
He has worked for clients, consultants and contractors on the largest pipelines in the United Kingdom.
Sean Greenwood | Panel Chair - Jacobs Civil Engineering
Vince Braniff | Panel Member - Deter Management - email@example.com
Fiona Rutherford | Panel Member - Watson Millican & Company - firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul Clayton | Panel Member - Rosen - email@example.com
Ken Lax | Panel Member - Corroconsult - firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Austin | Panel Member - email@example.com
Emily Tetley-Jones | Panel Member - Field Fisher - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phillip Clisham | Panel Member - GHD - email@example.com
Matthew Sumerling | Panel Member - National Grid - firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Wilde | Panel Member - DNV GL - email@example.com
Bruce McCullough | Panel Member - Consultant - firstname.lastname@example.org
Martyn James | Deter Management - email@example.com
Andrew Caley | Baker Hughes - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mariano Madrid | GPS - email@example.com