Join the Matt Rowlatt of National Association of Drainage Contractors for a webinar on Hydrant Security and Managing Third Party Access to Hydrants and a Web portal that allows online real-time visibility of operators use of hydrants to organisations and water companies.
The webinar will
- Identify the nearest authorised hydrant – saving travel time, costs and Carbon impact.
- Provide real time information on hydrant use restrictions, e.g. use only 10.00-16.00, or temporary limitations.
- Provide a real time capture of water extracted, including pre and post meter readings – eliminating paper records to check billed volumes.
- Ability to report a faulty or damaged hydrant and flag that on App.
- Ability to capture a new hydrant for potential authorisation and use.
- show that it has potential to promote acceptance of a single standpipe.
- Reduce illegal use.
- Promote good hygiene practice.
- Reduce incidence of network impacts – discoloured water, contamination, pressure loss, burst mains, customer complaints.
- Online capture of metered consumption – improving data for demand management and leakage / water use analysis.
- Additional record of network asset condition / need for repairs.
- Evidence to regulator of proactive approach to managing 3rd party access - in accordance with DWSP approach.
- Allows focus of ‘policing’ effort on illegal hydrant use.
January 18th, 2022 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM