For the first time, you can experience the reality of a hydrogen-fuelled home of the future, taking away some of the mystery of what a hydrogen conversion could actually mean for your home.
The homes are fitted with hydrogen gas appliances including cookers and hobs, fires and boilers and a hydrogen meter. The appearance of the appliances is very similar to today’s natural gas appliances with one of the most notable differences being the flame on the hob which burns orange rather than blue.
The appliances operate in the same way and they do the same job, with the oven and hobs cooking food at the same temperature, in the same time amount of time as natural gas. The boiler and fires keep the water and temperature in the house as warm and cosy as today’s gas appliances.
The homes are located at NGN's Low Thornley site, near Gateshead and were built in partnership with fellow gas distributor Cadent and the Government’s Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS). The 100% hydrogen appliances showcased were developed through the Government’s Hy4Heat programme and are all manufactured in the UK.
• Meet and greet in Integrel building (tea/coffee available)
• Welcome to site/site induction
• Presentation on the H21 and HyDeploy project - David Tomkin, NGN
• CEV update
• Tours of HyDeploy injection site and Hydrogen Homes - Alexandra Brightman, NGN
• Photo opportunity outside the Hydrogen Homes
• A chance to explore the Hydrogen Homes and interact with some of the 100% hydrogen appliances
• Tea and coffee in the Hydrogen Homes
Places for this event are limited so to secure your space please ensure you register and this event is for Members of The Pipeline Industries Guild and therefore may be asked to provide proof of membership.
The Old Gas Yard
Blaydon, NE21 6LE