Call for Papers - Eastern Branch PDN Paper Competition
The Eastern Branch would like you to submit a 250-word synopsis on any subject associated with the pipeline industry for the Regional Professional Development Network (PDN) Competition 2023. This event has kindly been sponsored by Cadent Gas and Fisher German.
Please note the closing date for ALL entries is FRIDAY 20th JANUARY 2023.
• Submit a 250-word synopsis on any subject associated with the pipeline industry.
• Examples include but are not limited to: Waste & Potable Water, Gas, Oil, Health & Safety, the Environment, Logistics & Planning.
• Presentations are encouraged from all business functions and do not have to be engineering based.
• Entries will be assessed by a panel of judges from the Eastern Branch Committee, and shortlisted candidates will be invited to present at the regional final.
• Each presenter will be required to give a 15-minute presentation on their chosen topic, demonstrating their own personal involvement, to an audience and panel of judges from the Pipeline Industries Guild and Sponsors. A 5-minute Q&A session will follow each presentation.
• This will be held in person on 16th February 2023 at Fisher German, Innovation House, Welland Business Park, Valley Way, Market Harborough, Leicestershire LE16 7PS.
• The winner will be announced on the day and will receive the first prize of £250.
• They will also be entered into the National Competition alongside other regional winners, which will take place at the next Annual Pipeline Industries Guild Conference (location and date to be confirmed in due course).
• Each regional finalist that places anywhere other than 1st will receive a voucher for their participation at the regional presentations.
• Development of entrants’ presentation skills
• Enhancement of entrants’ profile within their chosen companies & associated industries.
• CPD certificates can also be issued if requested for participation in the short-listed presentations.
• Guest Presentation from Fisher German Partner Ruth Ofield
Conditions of entry:
• Presentations can only be delivered by one person.
• All entrants must be aged 35 or under.
• No synopsis received after 20th January 2023 will be considered.
• Entries should be sent to Nicole Jackson Nicole.email@example.com.
• Entrants must be able to present on 16th February 2023.
• The winner will be announced at the regional event on 16th February 2023 and the payment of the prize arranged.